What to do in the Park in summer
Are you planning your visit to the Park? Here is what you need to know
The Park's website has been optimized so that it can be visited on your smartphone. View the "Oggi nel Parco" section to find out the activities planned by local staff.
Click here for the full programme and details on hiking, cultural, musical activities and visits to the Park
ATTENTION: If you spot a fire, please call the toll-free number: 800861016 (Civil Protection of the Abruzzo Region) or the firefighters: 0862.31187 (L'Aquila headquarters)
Parco in Fiore ...Iniziative a tema botanico... e non solo
Shared program on botanical themes (and much more) in Parco Nazionale del Gran Sasso e Monti della Laga - Apennine's Floristic Research Center (Barisciano, AQ) DOWNLOAD THE 2017 SUMMER CALENDAR
…moreover, it is possible to visit the Park's Botanical Garden.
Admission is free. For further information: +39 0862 899025
Festival del Gran Sasso 2017… calendar of events along the Apennine's highest mountain slope overlooking L'Aquila's territory.
Over 200 events including cultural, gastronomical, nature and sport activities (in addition to those planned for the youngest) will accompany visitors coming to Gran Sasso in July and August.
Discover Gran Sasso: a calendar of 10 activities to discover its territory
UPCOMING EVENTS HIGHLIGHTS
• Musiche nel Piccolo Tibet - Concerts in Campo Imperatore, 1600 a.s.l.
• Sentieri Sonori d'Abruzzo 2017 - Festival of high-altitude music
and much more....(click here)
Click here for the recommended hiking itineraries
Click here for the tourist itineraries
Click here for a tasty gastronomical itinerary
For guided visits and excursions:
- Operators and guides for school groups, groups and tourism
- Mountain guides
- Horse-riding clubs for outings on horseback in the Park
- Speleological guides
- Church of S. Pietro ad Oratorium (Capestrano). Open every day from 12.00 to 12.45 and from 5.30 to 6.45 pm. Further information: http://www.prolococapestrano.it
- Castle of Rocca Calascio (Calascio). Every Sunday from July to September: 11.00am-2.00pm, 3.00-6.00 pm. For safety reasons, the tower is closed in case of bad weather. For information please call the association “Nuova Acropoli” (333.990.6989), or visit the website www.nuovaacropoli.it, or its offices in Via Orazio Giuliani, Monday to Friday, 6.00 - 9.00 pm.
- Fortress of Civitella (Civitella del Tronto). Every day from 10.00 am to 7.00 pm. Further information: http://www.fortezzadicivitella.it
If you are looking for an information point, here are the available facilities:
- S. Stefano di Sessanio (AQ) – Museo Terre della Baronia – Ass. I viaggiatori nel Parco
- Bussi sul Tirino (PE) - Centro Visite Fiume Tirino - Coop Il Bosso;
- Farindola (PE) – Museo del Camoscio - Coop Ciefizom
- S. Pietro di Isola del Gran Sasso (TE) - Centro per le Acque - Coop Scuola Verde
- Castelvecchio Calvisio (AQ) - Casa Vacanze del Parco - Ass. Trec Tur
- Paladini di Crognaleto (TE) - Hotel Ristorante La locanda del Cervo - Coop Lo scoiattolo dei Monti della Laga
Click here for places to stay
Follow and like us on FACEBOOK to be always informed on the Park's activities!
Some useful information:
Tips for hikers
RV PARKING AREA - We remind you that it is forbidden to park your RV out of towns, car parking areas and allowed stop areas.
We suggest you to find in advance a parking area for your RV, in order to avoid forbidden areas and, consequently, fines or legal actions. Click here to view the list of the allowed RV parking areas.
FREE CAMPING - Free camping and bedding down in the Park are forbidden, as well as lighting fires. Anyway, a regulation on camping activities is in force in the Park (you can find it in the section "Ente Parco/Regolamenti in vigore" (Regolamento 6).
According to the regulation, it is possible to stop in some areas around towns. To use those areas you need to ask for an authorization to the Municipalities in charge of each territory.
Do not light fires. If you sight a fire, please call immediately 1515.
DO NOT TOUCH THE WILD ANIMALS - How you should behave in case you find wild animal cubs
For the mountain rescue call 118.
In those areas where it is active, you can call 112 - Europe-wide emergency number
IF YOU LIKE OUR (AND YOUR) MOUNTAINS, PLEASE DO NOT LITTER PICNIC AREAS, PATHS AND MEADOWS. VISITORS WHO WILL COME AFTER YOU WILL BE GRATEFUL.